Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Fossicking Friday

Fossicking AGAIN.  Thought your might like to know where I have been sticking my nose in this week.

Here are the gems:

  • I had a look at some of the beautiful paintings of Joseph Raffael. His watercolour is so fresh, bright and clean. I particularly liked the glimpses into his studio.  I just love pictures of studios - so inspiring!

  • Although I am not a fan of acrylic paint, perhaps I should be, looking at the work of artist Rick Pas.  Download a free digital feature on his acrylic layering technique at Artists Network.



    • It's a real treat to watch someone paint, I am so interested to see how another artist approaches their subject matter.  This is a video Painting on Location with Roger Bansemer - "Heritage Park". It is quite a long, so get a coffee first. I was fascinated to see that he took a photo of the subject and projected that onto his board before he began. I also loved the glimpse into his sketchbook - wow!



      •  I have referred the site, Easy Oil Painting Techniques, before, and I really like this article on Pricing your art.  Pricing is something most artists struggle with in the beginning, and these are some fabulous suggestions. 

      • Look at this snippet from the book, Ignore Everybody by cartoonist, Hugh Macleod of gapingvoid.  I may need to hunt down a copy of that book! I could not resist including an example of his work here:






      Do let me know what you have found in your fossicking this week!


      No comments:

      Post a Comment